- Access to a personal computer or similar devices with internet connectivity.
- Light skills in using Excel to create a workbook.
- Strong desire to acquire professional skills in data entry
- Adding data form to Quick Access Toolbar
- Creating an Excel table
- Using data forms for data entry
- Navigating through data records
- Validating data records
- Managing data duplicattes
- Sorting and filtering data records
- All category of learners who want to use Excel for data entry
In a world where automation has gradually taken hold of so many business processes, data entry is still alive and clicking. Data entry roles improve your critical skills set – computer proficiency, numerical and literacy skills – which can ultimately, help you expand into a new career path.
The main focus of this online training is to ensure that you master new skills and knowledge in data entry techniques that are crucial to staying on top of your game and setting yourself up for greater security and advancement in your organization.
The course is intended for learners with at least some light experience in the use of Microsoft Excel. You can learn at your own pace and complete the course within the stipulated time.
By the time you complete this course, you should be able to:
- add data form to Quick Access Toolbar
- do data entry with data form
- navigate through data records using data form
- manage duplicates in data records
In order to fully benefit from this course, you should have
- access to a personal computer or a similar device with internet connectivity.
- knowledge and skills in operating a personal computer or a similar device.
- light experience in the use of Microsoft Excel, especially areas that cover cells, worksheets, creating workbooks and updating a file in Excel.
- strong desire to work quicker, smarter and safer in data entry.
The Call Info (The Call eAcademy) does not award free certificates. A verified certificate is awarded only to learners who have successfully submitted and passed in all assessments (quizzes and a project).
- Lectures 14
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 25 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Students 146
- Assessments Self
Module 1 - Data Entry Basics
Data entry roles improve your computer skills, which can ultimately,help you expand into a new career path. This is a hands-on, non-intimidating tutorial where learners work through various examples to get to grips with the nuances of data entry essentials. In this module, you'll learn how to customize currency, date/time, numeric and text entries useful for further skills in computations in Excel.
Module 2 - Data Entry with Data Form
It’s a great new tool from Microsoft that allows you to quickly and easily create questionnaires, surveys, quizzes and polls that you can share both internally or externally from your work. There is a wide variety of potential uses for these. You could use them to get customer feedback, collect reviews and testimonials or even use them as data entry forms. In this module, you'll find that with near endless cells of a spreadsheet, using a data form provides a convenient means to enter or display data on the screen, particularly, when you have to move from column to column with near endless cells and more columns of data to view.
Module 3 - Managing Duplicate Data
Data duplicates in Excel table can cause a lot of inconveniences to you. Whether you import data from a database, get it from a colleague, or collate it yourself, data duplicate can always creep in. And if the data you are working with is huge, then it can become really difficult to locate and remove these duplicates. The focus of this tutorial is walk you through how to locate and remove duplicates from you data file.